Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Purple/Green All Over


I am on numerous stamping/scrapbooking groups - yes I have an addiction! Anyway - in those groups I join various different swaps, mailings, etc - yes another addiction. I made this for the Birthday Exchange Group on one of the groups. I made this same card, except with the initial 'j' - I figured it would be easier to make the same card for everyone than switching. Good thing there were only 2 birthdays for January. *wink*

I did have fun making this card! The ribbon was the inspiration for the color combo. I stamped the Dotted BG on Green Galore with Green Galore ink. I'm really glad I got this BG stamp - it so fun and provides a unique design to any card. I then stamped the label outline (Paper Salon) in Green Galore ink. Inside I stamped 'b' from the Best Friends Alphabet Lower set. I used my Coluzzle to cut the circles. I then punched on each side of the circle using the Horizontal Slot punch - this is a great punch for using to thread ribbon through. I LOVE Primas, so what's a card without them!?!?!! Again - used the ribbon to pick the colors. I put the brads through the Primas first. Then adhered them to the card with glue dots (I have a hard time letting the brads show through the card- inside). Not sure why, but I do - so that is why I used glue dots to adhere them. The greeting is stamped with Lovely Lilac - it is from the SU Winter Mini Catalog - Small Sayings.

All Supplies SU! unless otherwise noted:
Stamps:Best Friends Alphabet Lower, Dotted BG, Monogram Builder (Paper Salon)
CS:WW, Green Galore, Lovely Lilac
Ink:Green Galore, Lovely Lilac
Other:Glue Dots, Horizontal Slot Punch, Coluzzle, Non-SU:Ribbon, Primas, Brads

1 comment:

Lorie said...

What a fun, bright card! Makes me long for summer!