Sunday, February 11, 2007

Overdue UHU Review

This is a way overdue review on UHU glue products. On Maria's blog they were offering free samples to crafters who had a blog. All we had to do was post a review on their products on our blogs after trying it out. Well, after some time, I've finally had a chance to use the UHU glues I received - the UHU stic and UHU twist & glue. The glue stic is like any other glue stick except that this is colored. It states that it dries clear, however, I used it with a transparency on a scrapbook layout and you can see some of the purple still. It isn't all that noticeable (unless you are looking for it though), so I didn't mind too much.

The twist & glue I used on the coaster magnet below. I made them for a swap I was in. I covered the coasters with SU!'s Designer Paper on the front and just regular card stock on the back (since this is where the magnet was going - no need to waste good designer paper :). I used the twist & glue and liked how it is 2 different sized applicators. There is a fine dispenser or twist it and it becomes a wider dispenser for covering more area in less time. I really like how well the glue held the paper and didn't cause it to curl or warp either. I will say that either I am overly sensitive to their product or it is just strong in general - be sure to work in a ventilated area when using the twist & glue. :) Of course, I did make a couple of these, so maybe that is why I noticed the glue smell more.

Sorry for the blurry picture here - I thought it was clear enough and had already packaged these up to mail out.

All items SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Polka Dots & Paisley (SU Spring Mini)
CS: WW, Old Olive, Designer Paper (forget from which collection I used though)
Ink: Old Olive
Other: Markers - Old Olive & Elegant Eggplant, Eggplant Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stamping Sponge, UHU twist & glue, Magnet

1 comment:

DeborahSue said...

Coaster Magnet...GREAT IDEA!
Thanks for the inspiration!
You continue to demonstrate your many talents!