Friday, February 23, 2007

Spring Mini Catalog

This set is in the SU! Spring Mini Catalog that will be available for purchase starting March 1st. There are so many sets and items in the Spring Mini that I want. I only have a couple of the items from my preorder, but I'm hoping to get a couple more sets that I put of preordering. This card uses the Polka Dots & Petals set and the saying is from the Polka Dots & Paisley set (both in the Mini). I really like these colors together as well. It reminds me of Spring, which I would really like to come soon! This cold weather is no fun anymore - especially today. The wind makes it even colder - quite chilly taking Madison to school this morning!! WOW!

Ok - back to the card. *grin* The base of the card is Cool Caribbean (love this color and wish it would stay, but come July it will be retired). I took the little flower type stamp and stamped all over WW in Certainly Celery ink (another fav color of mine). I randomly stamped a smaller piece of WW with the other stamps in the set - Cool Caribbean, Certainly Celery, and Barely Banana. I layered this piece onto Certainly Celery card stock. I stamped the flower in the circle and punched it out - layered onto Certainly Celery. I put a brad in the center and popped it up with a Stampin Dimensional. After this whole piece was adhered to the WW, I wrapped ribbon around it. Then adhered the whole piece onto the Cool Caribbean. I stamped the greeting in Cool Caribbean (a little crooked I see now). *grin* The colors are so refreshing - I figured it wouldn't hurt to stamp cards and maybe the weather would change sooner! :)

All Supplies SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Polka Dots & Petals, Polka Dots & Paisley
CS: Cool Caribbean, Certainly Celery, WW
Ink: Cool Caribbean, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana
Other: Barely Banana Brad, Circle Punches, Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, Ric Rac (Flirty Ribbon), Stampin Dimensional

1 comment:

DeborahSue said...

This is sure perky and springy!
You are SO talented Karen!
Great job on EVERYTHING!