Monday, May 18, 2009

It's Been Too Long...

since my last post. Have you ever gone through a slump where you just don't feel like doing anything? Well - that was me the past couple weeks. Seems like these 'slumps' come more often than I'd like. I have cards to post, but just taking the pictures and loading them seems more effort than I felt like dealing with.

So, I told myself to get going and do what I need to do. So, here is my first post for May. I hope to be posting on a more regular basis. I love checking out other blogs and seeing the updates, so I want my blog to be like that. :)

Now on to the card....

This card we made for stamp club one month. I saw this design on SCS - I think. It's been awhile, so I'm not exactly sure. I really liked how it looked and wanted to do it. The colors are a bit off in the picture here though.

Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers
CS: Certainly Celery, Orchid Opulence, WW, DSP (from SAB)
Ink: Orchid Opulence
Other: Stamping Sponge, Celery Ribbon (SAB), Stampin' Dimensionals, Orchid Opulence Marker, Certainly Celery Marker

Unfortunately, I needed to use this card. A friend's SIL was in a really bad accident over the weekend, so I gave this card to her brother. He cleans the store where we work, so I had all the workers sign it to let him know we are thinking about him and his family. We're hoping all the prayers work for her!!

I'll have more to post - just need to get some good photos taken of the cards. :)
Karen

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Yes, it has been way too long but I love the card and glad to see you posting!

Anonymous said...

I totally understand about those slumps, Karen. I try not to let mine stretch more than a few days at a time, but boy, it is tempting sometimes, isn't it? I am so glad to see you posting again, though, and what a fantastic card for your "come-back"!! I'm also loving your new blog background. :-)

Anonymous said...

Karen, the card is so pretty!!
It kind of matches your mood when feeling down yet creating something doesn't it??
Have fun with the kidz and hopefully everything will be less stressful and weigh less on your mind so you can once again FULLY enjoy the life you have and live each day!!
hugs & prayers for my sweet cyber friend!
Kimmie