Friday, November 20, 2009

Floral Birthday

No this isn't my Inspiration Challenge card. I went to take the picture today, so I could post my cards here, but my batteries are dead. Wouldn't you know it - I also didn't have any extra batteries in the house, so I need to get some.

In the meantime, I don't think I shared this card yet here on my blog. I made this for my sister's birthday last month. I used one of the sketches that are provided on Saturdays over on the UDI Blog. It is a really fun sketch and I loved how this card turned out!

I used the Melon Mambo textured card stock for the base of the card. I love the subtle touch this adds to it as well. I popped the punched circles up with Stampin' Dimensionals. I alternated the color card stock behind the flowers, so the same color flower isn't paired up with the same color card stock.

Stamps: Eastern Blooms; On Your Birthday
CS: Melon Mambo Textured, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Other: Melon Mambo Marker, Rich Razzleberry Marker, Crushed Curry Marker, 1 1/4 Circle Punch, 1 3/8 Circle Punch, Melon Mambo Polka Dotted Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!! Hope to post my UDI Inspiration cards before the weekend is over.

Stampin' Hugs,
Karen

5 comments:

Jeannette Siciliani said...

Your creativity is always so amazing! I love your work. This card is lovely. I'm going to have to lift it! {Hugs}

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Karen!! Such an eye-catching color combo, and I love the stamps you chose.

Kimmiek said...

Karen this is adorable
Very pretty colors, images.. it all goes together like bread & Butter.. Can u tell I'm hungry for some carbs?
lol
I really liked the melba and textured paper is aok w/ me too!
I wish I could get the ribbon tying down...Your Bow is BEAUTFUL>
I still can't do it! I even bought one of those small ribbon tyers from GinaK.. can't understand it.. UGH! DOH!! Total Blonde minutes...

TN Granny said...

Karen,
I love the textured cardstock also and love you little card wish you had more time to play with our passion of stamping!
God Bless
Jeanine
www.blstamper.blogspot.com

Sandy said...

I love this card and the layout is terrific! So very pretty!!!