Thursday, March 04, 2010

UDI Inspiration Challenge #85

This will be a quick post for now. I'm fighting a head cold and didn't get this post scheduled last night like I wanted to. So, I'm trying to get it done now before I take my son to preschool. I'll also apologize for the horrible picture - I can't figure out how to take a good picture of a mainly white card. Any help would be appreciated!!

On to the challenge - below is the picture we got to use. Doesn't it look YUMMY!!!

Below is my CAS (Clean and Simple) card. I went with the colors for my inspiraton. Since the ice cream cones were set against a white background - I used that as well for my card.

I stamped each of the squares with the coordinating color (ie: Chocolate Chip on Chocolate Chip CS). The only difference is the Vanilla CS piece - I stamped it with Creamy Caramel ink 2nd Generation (stamped off once). I put all of the squares and the flower on a Stampin' Dimensional. I really like how this card looks IRL. Too bad my photo stinks and doesn't show how cute it really is.

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to check out what the other challenge team members did - UDI Blog.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Four Square (can be earned FREE through SAB)
CS: WW, VV, Rose Regal, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Rose Regal, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel
Other: Stampin' Dimensionals, Stitched Felt Sweet Pea

Happy Stampin',
Karen

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's an adorable card and I love the CAS look of it! So cute and caseable too! Hope you feel better!

Maria Williams :) said...

I really like the clean and simple cards! Dimensionals add so much life to a card!

As far as photographing a white card, try putting neutral 12x12 card stock (creamy caramel) behind and below it so your background doesn't take away from your card. This is how I photograph all my work. I also have a natural light lamp that I shine on it too.
Hope you feel better!

carolm said...

i too love your 'cas' card karen. very cute.

i find sunlight washes out my cards and use a flash instead. everyone is different though.

hope you're feeling better soon. xoxox

Jeannette Siciliani said...

Ditto...love your creativity! Yeah, found your blog too! Get better soon. J