Wednesday, September 03, 2008

BELLI Challenge #32 - BACK TO SCHOOL

What is the Belli Challenge you ask?
I copied the following from Chris' blog - she is the creator of the BELLI Challenges.

Each week, I try to give us a challenge that will use things we have lying around our stamp rooms! With a constant flow of new things coming out, I tend to forget about the other things I have and they quickly become clutter!

This Weeks Belli Challenge is BACK TO SCHOOL!! You can embellish anything with any of your BACK TO SCHOOL things.

Here is what you need to do...Make a completed project embellishing your work with ANY BACK TO SCHOOL THEME. Share the link here in the comments linking to my Blog and CBC32. When you post to Splitcoaststampers or to your Blog, be sure and put CBC32 as the KEYWORD and mention of the challenge - with a link! I will do a random drawing for all participants and have a special pack of assorted Designer Papers for the winner! (Be sure to post on Chris' blog to be included in the drawing - you can find her blog here.)

Be sure to check out what everyone else has made and make a comment too for them please! We all LOVE comments. It is fun to see what everyone is thinking about what we are creating! :)

BELLI DESIGN TEAM
Chris Dickinson
Holly Brown
Shelly Koskinen
Christi Thorsen
Rochelle Wick
Lorie Ames

Thank you for stopping by! Be sure to upload and share your Art with us! We love to see it! Have a fabulous day!



The above sampling are puzzle pieces. My 4yr old's first day of preschool is today. So, in preparation for helping her learn her alphabet better - I made the puzzle pieces. They are grouped into 3 for a couple reasons - the Cuttlebug template comes this way :), it will be easier to teach the letters without having to focus on too many at once, and I felt adding more images would get too confusing.

I made this box to put the puzzle pieces in. I got the template from Nichole Heady's blog . It was super quick and easy to do. I stamped the lid with a couple letters and images to represent those letters.

That's all I have for now. Hope you enjoyed my take on the BELLI Challenge. Be sure to check
out the Design Team blogs - they did an awesome job on the challenge.


Supplies:
Stamps - various companies (Inky Antics - Alphabet; Cornish Heritage Farms; All That Scraps - CC Designs; LIWP; SU!; Sweet N' Sassy Stamps)
CS - WW, Ballet Blue, Chipboard (to make the puzzle pieces sturdy)
Ink - Palette Noir, Ballet Blue, Real Red
Other - Copic Markers, Some images hand-drawn, Cuttlebug Puzzle Die-Cut
Thanks for stopping by today!!

12 comments:

Holly said...

Oh my gosh! What a CUTE idea! I love the puzzles and the alphabet!!!

Christi Flores said...

Oh how awesome is this?!! Wow!!!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh that Puzzle and box are ADORABLE Karen! This would be perfect for my 3 yo! I am going to have to make some!!!! TFS!

Shelly Koskinen said...

You did a great job!! I love this idea!!

Rochelle W said...

Karen, this is sooooo cute. What a great idea. Welcome to the design team!

Debby said...

Welcome to the design team. I love your idea with the puzzle and the box to store them in. I have some of the blank puzzles I could do that too.
Angel hugs
Debby

Lorie said...

Oh, gosh! That is super! I bet your daughter loves it!

Erin Glee said...

Cute! Educational, too!

Lori Barnett said...

What a SUPER CUTE idea!!

Becky said...

THIS IS SOOO CUTE! Love it!

Sandy said...

I love puzzles so this is a wonderful idea!

Anonymous said...

What an incredible idea, Karen!!! These are SO cute -- it makes me want to sit down and play with them!