Friday, January 09, 2009

Thank You

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I haven't been quite diligent in keeping up with it of late. I'm hoping to change that soon! One reason - I haven't stamped for some time!! GASP! I know - it's a sad state when one doesn't stamp every day. :) Seriously - I want to create some more things, current things to get posted for everyone to see.

The card below was one I did at my stamp club a bit ago. I had seen a card similar to this on SCS and loved it. It really caught my eye. So, I wanted to make one as well.

The card measures 4.25x4.25. I did a reverse mask in that I cut a hole in the center of scrap paper and placed it on the card. I sponged the ink into the circle then - kind of like the sun/moon glowing. I thought this would make a great guy card even with the flowers because of the colors used.

Supplies:
Stamps: Upsy Daisy (SU)
CS: Confetti White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun, Really Rust
Other: Stamping Sponge, Coluzzle (Circle)

Thanks for stopping by! I plan to stamp tomorrow, so my 'plan' is to have new cards to post.
Karen

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Very pretty card and I'm glad you have posted. To long between posts!

Anonymous said...

Great card, Karen! I love the reverse mask! The colors are great, too! I'm going to have to try this one myself! TFS!

Anonymous said...

This is so very pretty!! I love this set!! So glad to see you posting again friend!! :)

Becky said...

Karen,this is beautiful. I really really like your take on this! Your colors are magnificant too.

Hope your daddy is still improving, my heart and prayers are with you!

Anonymous said...

This is SO striking, Karen! Gorgeous colors, and what a neat effect with the reverse mask! So glad to see you posting!